Jessica Charles, Esq.
Ms. Charles is an attorney dedicated not only to the intricacies of the law, but also to making sure her clients are well represented—no matter what their legal situation may be. After graduating from law school, Attorney Charles worked as an Attorney Advisor with the District of Columbia Public Schools (DCPS). While employed there, she generated communication between the parents and the school officials regarding each party’s rights and responsibilities under the Free Appropriate Public Education act (FAPE) and the Individual with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA). The knowledge and dedication she achieved there continues to serve her clients well today. After her tenure with the DCPS, she began to work in private law practice, serving her clients with that same dedication and determination.
Further, Ms. Charles has expertise and experience in family law, wills, trusts and estates, and business law. In the corporate realm, she works with small companies and assists them in setting up their business entities as well as representing them in contract negotiations and many other business-related tasks.
Finally, her community involvement is of the utmost importance to her; she believes serving people makes her a better and more effective attorney. In that regard she donates her time and talents by serving as a member on various non-profit organizations and by providing pro-bono assistance to people in need of legal advice and representation.
Admitted to Practice Law:
- U.S. District Court for Maryland
- Muhlenberg College, Allentown, Pennsylvania, B.A. Philosophy
- The American University, College of Arts and Sciences, M.A. Philosophy & Social Policy
- The American University, Washington College of Law, Washington, D.C., J.D.
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Prince George’s County Bar Association
- Prince George’s County Chamber of Commerce
Areas of Practice:
- Contractual Disputes: (Commercial Litigation)
- Divorce/Family Law Matters: (Alimony, Annulment, Cohabitation Agreements, Collaborative Family Law, Community Property Law, Divorce, Divorce Arbitration, Divorce Mediation, Divorce Taxation, Domestic Partnerships, Domestic Relations, Domestic Torts, Equitable Distribution, Family Arbitration, Family Mediation, Interstate Support, Marital Agreements, Marital Property Distribution, Marital Property Law, Marital Property Settlements, Matrimonial Law, Military Divorce, Name Changes, Non-Traditional Family Law, Palimony, Paternity, Post-Divorce Modification, Postnuptial Agreements, Premarital Agreements, Qualified Domestic Relations Orders (QDROs), Restraining Orders, Separation Agreements, Spousal Support, Uncontested Divorce)
- Business Law: (Small Business Law, Business Formation, Limited Liability Corporations), Contract Drafting, Licensing Agreements, Entertainment Law, Technology Agreements, Civil Litigation
- Wills, Trusts & Estates: (Wills and Probate, Estate Planning, Trusts and Estates, Living Wills, Powers of Attorney)
Prince George’s Community College, Adjunct Professor of Philosophy, teaching courses in Ethics, Logic, and Introduction to Western Philosophy for the past nine years.
The JC Law Group, LLC.
9701 Apollo Drive Suite 401
"She was outside of my area but it was worth the drive to see her. After weeks of looking for an attorney to resolve my legal issue, Jessica was able to handle it within two weeks. I was very pleased."
"Ms. Charles was great in handling my complicated joint venture agreement with another party. I was initially doing it on my own but was confused about the project move forward. She was very patient with..."
"Jessica was very professional and communicative about the process. She was able to give me the direction that I needed and created an amicable resolution for my case. I would highly recommend her services."
"I endorse this lawyer. It was a pleasure working with Ms. Charles. We were able to focus on the issues of the family, which was great."
Josephia R., Divorce & Separation Attorney
"I endorse this lawyer. I recommend this attorney to anyone in need of a skilled and tenacious advocate."
Alphonso H., Family Attorney
"I endorse this lawyer. Jessica Charles is an intelligent and creative attorney. She cares deeply about helping her clients."
David B., Criminal Defense Attorney